At present, the positioning of a company on the internet is key to determine its success
When we talk about performing an On-Page SEO, we talk about improving, implementing, or updating certain points that have to do with the presence of our company on the Internet. Through on Page SEO, we can improve the web positioning of our company, something that currently is a fundamental element not only to determine the success of organizations, but to ensure their survival.
We all know Bill Gates’ famous phrase: “If it is not on the Internet, it does not exist.” This, accompanied by business digitalization, makes companies not only want to appear on the Internet, but they do everything possible to get into the top positions of search engines when users search for certain keywords. This is where the On-Page SEO plays a decisive role.
The important thing is to learn to have your own criteria and to know what the processes are used in an SEO strategy and what factors are most important to position yourself in Google. All this is included in a document that we usually call On Page SEO.
You may wonder, can you do an On-Page SEO or check if another professional has done a good job of web optimization without having technical knowledge? To perform a complete On Page SEO, you do need to know what are the most important factors that can determine the positioning of a project. If you are interested to know if an external professional has done a good SEO job today you will learn how.
In addition to the obvious, of knowing if the web traffic has increased or not, there are certain factors that must be implemented.
WHAT IS AN ON-PAGE SEO?
It is the analysis or review of a website to determine which points are not optimized and should be improved. All the points to be reviewed in this type of audit, affect the web positioning in one way or another.
The objective of conducting an On Page SEO is to observe what errors our website has, how to correct them quickly and what steps we must follow if we want to appear in the top positions of search engines in an organic way.
The main problem of carrying out an On Page SEO is that the company must have personnel specialised in SEO, Analytics and Web Design that it generally does not have on staff. This is not an easy task. Companies tend to outsource this service to agencies or consultants that have specific digital marketing personnel and tools.
Study and definition of Keywords
Implementation and improvement of SEO on Page
Once the On-Page SEO is carried out, through it, we establish a diagnosis for each problem that has been detected. The company may choose between several alternatives to optimally solve possible errors and improve the company’s web positioning, as well as its profitability and overall efficiency.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD WE FOLLOW TO PERFORM A QUALITY ON PAGE SEO?
- Indexing: A good way to start is to see which pages are being indexed by search engines, that is, what a user of my website is seeing. Normally, companies want some pages to be published and others not, depending on their interests. To check, you can search Google for” site: yourdomain.com “.
- Use of tools for SEO: There are several tools to measure the SEO of websites. For internal audits, Google Search Console and Analytics, they will allow you to see for example what errors your website has or what keywords are working better. There are also other payment tools such as SEMrush or Sistrix, among others, that will allow you to do very complete external audits, obtaining infinity of key data.
- Domain analysis: We can know the general reputation of the domain of our website through its Page Rank, to see what situation we are in and what is the value that search engines give us.
- Titles and Meta SEO descriptions: They are one of the most important parts of SEO (especially titles), and they will determine why keywords are going to find your website and the CTR you get.
- Keyword Research: It is especially important to do an initial keyword study to know which keywords are working better and which ones you should promote.
- Optimization and creation of SEO content: A factor that undoubtedly makes web positioning grow is the generation of content. Creating quality content, updated, original and optimized for SEO with keywords, will have a positive impact on your company’s SEO.
- Analyse and optimize the images of your website: You must pay attention to its size, weight, Alt attribute, etc. The images must be optimized to improve SEO.
- Competitor analysis: In SEO, as in other parts of the business, analysing your competition can guide you to find out what actions are working for you and which ones are not, or which keywords position you best.
- Backlinks: Inbound links to our website will give us a good SEO reputation and, therefore, will help us position our website in the top positions of the search engine. It is important that the sites that redirect to our website through links are of quality. In this way we will get more authority and relevance.
- Responsive Web: With the constant and growing use of the Smartphone to search, it is essential to have a mobile optimized website. Responsive web design adapts to different resolutions, improving usability and user experience.
- Technical analysis: It is essential to analyse technical aspects such as loading speed (WPO), URL structure, web architecture, Sitemap, Robots.txt file, 404 errors, etc. That will determine the quality of the website and will be key in web positioning.
- SEO penalties: Using Black Hat SEO techniques will make search engines penalize us. In fact, Google released two updates (Panda, Penguin or Hummingbird) to control these bad SEO practices.
With these 12 steps, you can perform a complete and fast On-Page SEO, focusing on the most important web aspects.